Fitting woes and they're not mine!

Tonight I was amusing myself surfing online shopping sites. I could have been sewing. Perhaps I should have been sewing, but I was feeling mojo-less and decided to get some inspiration. In my web travels I came across these -
"Emerge Stretch Satin Pants
Style Number: 37856Polyester/elastane. In-leg 84cm. Centre back invisible zip. $59.95"



Now I'd never wear these anyway. They just wouldn't be a good look on my body but, if they look this bad on the skinny model, what are they going to look like on someone who's eaten in the past year? Surprisingly they have stock still available, go figure.

Anyways....

Back to my sewing and fitting issues.

The weather has turned and I need jackets for those autumn days. Sure, the Metservice has promised fine weather for the week, but we all know how reliable they are, don't we? Time to turn my attention to something other than tee-shirts.

I had jacket #17 traced from Ottobre Woman 02-2006 and I had used easy-trace from Spotlight (which is similar to lightweight sew-in interfacing.) The great thing about easy-trace is that you can pin-fit a bit more easily than with tissue. I finally got around to adding generous seam allowances and cutting out to try. The initial "tissue" test looks positive so next up a muslin (i.e. calico) version.

While I was at it I pulled out the traced and pinned version of Simplicity 4302. I had started on this about 6 months ago. Why I put it away I'm not sure because it seems to be pin-fitted fairly well. So now I have 2 choices and tomorrow afternoons' task will be hunting out some calico and possible fabric for the real thing(s).


Comments