One with sleeves, one without

Remember that little problem I mentioned with the tank top neck binding? Ummm, I thought I knew what had happened...... I had put a 1 cm seam allowance on the neckline which, of course, is bound so doesn't need seam allowances. Where's that icon for embarrassed blushing? I don't know why I did that. It must have been the shock of having the house to myself when I was tracing. :) Anyway, the long sleeve tee neckband does have the seam allowance cut off and the bound edge is still rolling out a bit. I think I'm going to be un-sewing this and shortening the band again. On a good note - at least I didn't overlock the edges this time.

I did a small FBA on the tee front and used the same fabric so that I can judge the difference the fba makes. This one is a long sleeve tee and more for autumn/winter, ( although I could have got away with it on Monday). The fba gave me the needed room but I've ended up with a bit of bubbling on the side seam. It's almost like I need to lower the bust gathering about 1 - 2 cm. Hubby and DD1 claim it's not as noticeable as I think but I''ll run it past a few sewing friends for an opinion.

In this photo I haven't hemmed the sleeves or hem yet: (or done my hair or make-up, lol)




Here you can see the neck binding rolling out and it's tricky, but you can just make out the poofiness under the arm.
There are also a lot of wrinkles on that sleeve....

And the tank top, also still unhemmed. There is gaping at the front armhole (full bust adjustment needed) and it hugs the extra padding fluffiness a little bit closely, I think.


Both wearable, but I'll look at moving the bust gathers at the side seam down a bit on the next top. The tank top I'll only wear under a top with sleeves.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm liking the sleeved version - how many years did it take me to convince you that waist shaping would look great on you?!

I suspect most of the problems are in your head - looks fine to me!
Anonymous said…
I had two tees that the neck band rolled out and was not sure if the binding was too short or too long. I will try making it shorter if this happens again. I am enjoying your blog. mssewcrazy