But, just as I was about to start topstitching I noticed one teeny weeny problem....
After some frog-stitching (rip-it, rip-it) I finally got the zip in, the right way round and finished off DD's jacket at last. She seems happy with it. Here she is with her "modelling" pose (and as you can see, struggling to keep a straight face).
One with the hood -
This is Ottobre 05-2007-19: Hooded Sweat Jacket. The pattern comes in sizes 34-52 and I made DD a 36 from her measurements.
This pattern was well-drafted and went together like a dream, well, except for my mistake (see above). It fits DD beautifully and is the shape and fit that she likes.
The fabric is a genuine 1980s sweatshirt fleece which I got from my Mother's stash. I had a very small piece ( see previous post here) and it required some careful placement to fit the whole garment on. At DDs request I changed the sleeve and hem bands to be cut from ribbing. This was probably a good idea as there is next to no stretch in this fleece.
Next job - some thermal tops for DS who is camping next week.