Another one down...

Phew, I finished the last outstanding UFO last night.

This is the same pattern as the hot pink hoody (KS3101) but I made a few changes. I made this one from "Cheesecake" 100% unbrushed sweatshirting in the shade of "Lipstick" and matching ribbing. It was another bargain buy from the Spotlight sale tables at $2m. When the sales assistant went to cut, there was a mysterious hole in the centre (the fabric equivalent of crop circles?) so I actually got 2 metres for $2. :-)

Changes I made: DD wanted a sporty look so, on the jacket, I cut 5cm off the sleeve length and added a ribbing cuff. I also added a ribbing band on the pocket openings. I finally tried using the flatlocking stitch on my Brother 1034D. I flatlocked in white down the centre of the sleeves, on the pocket opening and down the centre back seam of the hood. On the pants, I cut 5cm off the top of the waistline and added an 8cm deep ribbing band - 3cm for the elastic casing and a 5cm foldover. (Next time I would make this a deeper foldover.) I flatlocked the outer side seams with my o/locker set at: Left needle (yellow) = 1; Upper Looper (green) = 5; Lower Looper (blue) = 8.
The pants seem very baggy in the leg and quite deep in the crotch. This may be because they're a bit big on DD but by the time she grows into the seat they're only going to be capri length on her!

I have the fluoro orange stripe tee cut out and sitting on my desk awaiting it's turn. It's bright. Very bright. :-)