On the other hand I have gone and got firewood from my sister's farm several mornings so something got accomplished.
With the cold weather DD2 had been complaining that her dressing gown was too short. Stash to the rescue! I had a Hello Kitty polar fleece from a year ago aging nicely just waiting for it's opportunity. I used Butterick 4340 which I think is now OOP.
This was an easy pattern although I wasn't impressed at having to slipstitch down the upper collar. Hand sewing on a child's dressing gown!? Helloo! What were they thinking? But I did it, reluctantly. Like I said, the sewing mojo had deserted me and I was resorting to following instruction sheets. (Shaking head)
I made a size 10 for my 7 1/2 year old. She's wearing size 8 normally and I figured a bit of growing room would not go amiss. It's ended up the perfect length in the body and about 4 cm too long in the sleeve which can easily be rolled up.
Apparently, it's lovely and warm. :)
The castle project has finally been delivered to school so no more polystyrene bits everywhere, yay! Better still, the table is getting cleared so I'll have a tracing surface to use for a Jalie pattern. I did trace the dressing gown pattern using my cutting board and sitting on the floor. I soon regretted it though - my back hadn't forgiven me for stacking all the firewood under the terrace and working on the floor was the last straw. Must be old age. ;)