Bits and bobs

Gosh it's hard to pick more blogs for the Kreativ Blogger award. I am so behind on reading bloglines that I really have no idea who has or hasn't got it so far. Sooooo, I'm going to go the wimpy way and say that if you're on the sidebar and you haven't had it, consider yourself nominated. Of course, my blog housekeeping is as up-to-date as my real housekeeping, so there are many of you not on there yet. Sorry.


I had a lovely afternoon meeting up with my friends. They even remembered what I looked like, lol. I must make sure next year to try and set aside a time to meet everyone more often.

To address some comments:

Thanks for the thoughts about my Dad. It's very much appreciated.

Beangirl asked about my degree. Well, I finally have finished my Bachelor of Arts with a major in Education. More the theory and research of education than teaching. I've also added in Sociology and a couple of Politics papers to widen the theoretical base. Next year I'm starting my Post-graduate Diploma in Educational Research which will be followed the year after by a Masters degree. All going well, and my not having descended into a gibbering insane mess, I'm also planning on my PhD. Hence the 5 years my DH has to still put up with. I'm interested in research into social justice issues in education, especially the effects of socio-economic status (which ties into Bourdieu's theories of cultural capital etc.) and/or the role of gender in achievement. And that's way more information than many of you wanted I'm sure. :)

Mary Nanna - Wow it's a small world! My younger siblings went to St Joseph's and Kavanagh. However, we all grew up in Whangarei, I came down for Uni in the mid-80s, met DH and stayed, and the rest of my family followed on down around 1993. I'm guessing you'll have known teachers like Donna Booth, and Ken and Mary Fahey at St Joes?

Judy - Sorry, still gonna read the textbooks but I promise they won't get in the way of 'girly' days. :)

Rhoto - I totally agree that studying is fun. I get worn out at times and sick of it at times too, but it also makes me feel challenged and alive. I'm really looking forward to the next few years - although I guarantee that I'm bound to grumble at times. :)

And in the continuing quest to prove MP3s should come with warning labels after the cellphone and singing incident - yesterday I had music on in the car at traffic lights when a truck pulled up alongside, allowing the driver to see my fabulous drum rendition on the steering wheel. At least we both could laugh.....

Comments

Kat said…
Glad to hear you finally have some time to yourself! Enjoy. You deserve it after all your hard work.