right down to the wrinkles on the sleeve/arm, lol.
Those who are familiar with the show may understand why I'm saying "Blobby, blobby, blobby" in a funny voice lately. :) If you're not familiar with it, you'd just assume I was mad, lol.
I came across this knit fabric in my stash and seeing as it's a soft snuggly knit and it had been a cold week, I combined it with Simplicity 4327 to make a
tent nightshirt . I had 6m, bought at $2m in a Spotlight clearance. I'm not sure what I was thinking of when I bought that much of a bright pink spotted knit.
I chose a size by my full-b ust measurement and it ended up a bit big. Sherril has commented that it's not too bad apart from the sleeve length. And big does = comfy, but I'm feeling very much like I could be this guy -
After I'd made my sleepwear, I decided to spread the pink around rather than put it back into the stash. Besides, I'd already put other fabric into the gap it had left.
I continued with the sleepwear theme. DD2 got a pair of PJ pants from Burda 4222 (which is OOP, but seems to be the same as 9747), with a polar fleece top made using Kwik Sew 3017. She was adamant she wanted a polar fleece top for cold nights, but I think it will get more use on wintry 'Pyjama days'. I'll make her a lighter-weight top for in bed.
After that, I still had some fabric left. DD1 thought she'd like some PJs too so I dug out Simplicity 4798 (which is also OOP btw).
I made the trousers/pants first, which left just enough fabric for the body of the top. Imagine my annoyance when I cut out the top front and back, only to find what looked like a dirty oily mark right in the front near the neckline. I washed with stain remover and it now looks like a paler spot. Ah, well. At least the oily mark is gone. I used a white interlock remnant for the sleeves and neckband. It must be a Simplicity thing because the sleeves on this top are really long too. Or maybe we just have short arms.
On the trousers I ended up lowering the waistband by 7cm and it's still not incredibly low.
As I was on a pyjama roll I decided to use a piece of Barbie wincyette/flannelette I'd found while hunting out the white interlock. I figured if I didn't use it for DD2 soon, she'd be too old for it. Again, I used the Burda pj pattern for the pants. This time I used Kwik Sew 2893 and made a raglan sleeve tee from a blue knit remnant and the white used on her sisters top. I also added a piece of the pants fabric as an applique to tie the two together. Tip - for the applique I used a washable glue stick on the back to help keep it straight whilst stitching.
Both girls wore their new pyjamas last night and have pronounced them 'awesome'. For the moment, I am a popular mummy. ;) I'm sure it won't last.
The great thing is that the pyjama sewing spree helped the stash stats quite a bit. :)