Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rain, rain, go away...

It has now been raining for 13 days. Sigh. I'm beginning to feel the need for one of those SAD lamps Chief Celia used in Men in Trees.

I had to cross over the Leith Stream this afternoon.
The normally quiet little stream...
(photo from Wikipedia)


had turned into this...


The first photo has been taken downstream from where I was, but is pretty much how it looks normally from the bridge I was on. The walls are around 4m high so the water had risen a wee bit and somewhere under there is the mid-channel divider.

A few days ago I sadly packed away my sewing machines for a few weeks while I catch up on assignments. :( I can't see myself getting any sewing time until mid-term break at the end of August, so I decided I might as well use my desk upstairs in the warm lounge when I was home alone. I do have to hem some trousers for my BIL next week, but that doesn't count as sewing. I dreamt I was sewing a few nights ago. LOL, if dreams became reality, I'd have a great wardrobe!

4 comments:

Rhoto said...

Hi Keely!!
Looks like HOLLAND on a dike!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Kat said...

Wow! Now that's a LOT of rain!!!

Alexandra said...

Wow, that's a long stretch of rainy weather. I had to get a lamp like that after we moved from Florida to Germany. I use it as a sunrise simulator. Love it.

MareeAlison said...

Keely - feel free to suggest to the Rain God that he/she moves over to inland Australia for a while. Over the Murray River basin would be good too. We're losing that river.