Two down....

Back in, ahem, November, I had a cutting out binge. I had this vague theory that, if I only had to pick up a project to sew, it might actually speed up my sewing (hahaha). Well, some did get sewn but I'd been left with a couple of bags sitting on the shelf and they were starting to bug me, so I decided to clear up the UFO's. Of course, the whole best laid plans etc... I really should know better by now. Last week disappeared in a whirl of work, activities with the kids and DS breaking his arm.

Finally, on the weekend, I managed to get near my sewing machine. I finished up a pink hoody jacket for DD2, did a bit of mending (blech! I hate mending!) that was sitting around and finally finished putting the elastic in the waistband of a pair of capris, also for DD2. Plus... I gave hubby a haircut and made fudge with my 11yo DD1. The haircut went well, the fudge failed to set properly. That's what happens when you try a new recipe and don't follow instructions, oops. It did however seem to pass the taste test as it was all eaten before I got a photo :)


The hoody jacket is Kwik Sew 3101. I have lined the hood with a butterfly print knit and there is enough left over to make DD2 a t-shirt to go under.

The shorts are Burda 9898, view B. I changed the hip pockets to a patch pocket and topstitched with pink. I used a pink biasbinding to face the pocket openings and left a tiny edge to show as a kind of faux piping.

Comments