I've created another UFO!

I thought I really better get onto my nieces' (rather belated) birthday present. Originally, I had been thinking of a wee jacket and trousers from a pink embroidered drill. But, Em has grown lately and there was no way I could fit the size she needed onto the fabric I had, no matter which way I turned my head and held my tongue. Hmmm, what to do?

I thought a pinafore might be nice, so I went hunting through my patterns and my collection of old Topkids and Burda Kids magazines. It was an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon I admit, but at the end I had it down to two patterns, neither of which seemed right for the drill.

I was in a dilemma. I consulted my hubby - he diagnosed procrastination. No help there. I umm-ed a bit longer. (As I told hubby, this was creative development NOT procrastination. If I was procrastinating I'd have been cleaning the pantry. ;-) ) Then, as I leafed through one of my fabric folders, I found the inspiration I needed. Back to the cupboard went the pink drill and out came a piece of navy drill, a red heart motif and red topstitching thread. I cut, I started sewing. And.......... it's been sitting on my desk half-finished for 2 nights. Sigh.

Hi, I'm Keely and I'm a procrastinator.....

Comments